Thursday, 23 April 2015

9 months

 I have laundry to do, dishes to wash, diapers to assemble, cookies to bake, and dinner to prep, so today will be a quick one!
Not a day goes by that I'm not amazed by Caleb and all that he's learning. He brings so much joy to my life. I adore him and being his mama!

Weight:  22.5 lbs
 
Height: 28 inches

Doctor appointment: he got his 6 month 'needles'
Nicknames: I mostly call him Caleb Joshua Oestreich these days...because we're formal like that!

Eating: Everything! Last night he had fajitas with avocado! Doing our best to make sure he loves Mexican as much as us!!

Sleeping: He has 2 new teeth coming in so sleeping has been a bit interesting lately. He still sleeps very well...which I have to remind myself of when he has off days/nights. Last night he woke up around midnight in pain and wanting to nurse, I just nursed him and put him back to bed and he was good! His naps are kinda wimpy on the days when he's growing or in pain.
 
Clothing: 12 months! Can't wait to get some Summer clothes on that boy!!

Social:I've heard about the 9 month making strange and I saw a bit of that in Caleb. One night at church he just cried every time someone came up to us! (awkwwarrdddd) But he's been doing better! It's also just him and me all day long, so maybe he was just overwhelmed that particular day at seeing so many faces.

New this month: He's walking all along furniture, crawling through and under anything he can, 2 new teeth coming, he's saying "mamama" "dadadada" and "babababa" a lot! He dances every time he hears music, he has a new fake laugh that he does whenever Josh or I laugh. 

Likes: He gets VERY proud of himself when he does something new...it is THE CUTEST thing I've ever seen, LOVES his fruit smoothie he has for breakfast every day, likes dancing with mommy which is also a daily activity, ha! LOVES his dad...seriously OBSESSED, it's so CUTE!!!

Dislikes: When I take something from him that he shouldn't have, wiping his runny nose

Mama: This month has been the hardest month I've had since living in Moose Factory. I am grateful to know that we are in the Lord's will, and that brings me peace on the hard days. I would really appreciate prayer as I learn how to be a mama in a place that I never imagined being a mama. Things like going for walks, going to the park, meeting friends for lunch, going to mom days out, running errands are things that I long for when it's just Caleb and me all day long. We are learning all the time. I just want to be the best mommy I can be.

Daddy: Joshua is doing great. He is working A LOT. He's preaching every message in the month of April, 2 on Sunday and Wednesday evening, among sooo many other things. He is the hardest worker I know. He comes home every single day and lays down his life for his family. I adore him and am beyond grateful for him, tears are coming to my eyes as I write this. I feel very blessed.

   What we're looking forward to: I am looking forward to our vacation in June. I absolutely can not wait for some family time at the beach. We truly need some rest, so I can't wait for that. Also can't wait to be with family & friends in Philly. 





















3 comments:

  1. He is such a cutie, and you're an awesome mama, it's so nice to read your posts! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... He's SO precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina Marsden24 April 2015 at 13:12

    He is so adorable! :-) you all are doing a wonderful job!
    Prayers for you all always! ❤️
    Tell Josh that Matt said hello! :-)
    Little Matthew was looking at Calebs pictures and says "aw he's so cute! I wanna meet him!"
    Glad to hear you all are doing well! Being a mama is one of the most tired bit most rewarding things we'll ever do :-) Enjoy every moment- even the stressful ones it all goes so fast! I can't believe Caleb is 9 months already and our lil Matthew is 3 and 1/2!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!