Friday, 6 June 2014

prayer for my mama


:: Hey family and friends ::

I come to you with a request that is very important to me.

Would you take some time to pray for my mom as she has what we hope to be her final surgery today at 12:00 PM EST? 
For those who don't know, my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer last June. She had surgery last October that left her with a temporary ostomy bag, then went through several months of radiation and chemo, and now, on Friday, she has her last surgery to do a reversal, hoping that the bag will be a thing of the past.

The hospital that she attends (Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois) was incredibly impressed with her recovery after her first surgery last October, which my mom totally credits to the abundance of prayer. 

I have been praying so much. Someone who my mom knows who has the same type of cancer and who had the same procedures had a very bad experience with the second surgery (the one my mom has today) and actually preferred to go back to living with a bag. Please pray that my mom's body kicks back into gear, that all the different parts involved will reawaken and that she heals so quickly.

She'll be driving up to Moose Factory with my dad just 4 weeks after the surgery to meet her first grand baby. Please pray that everything before that goes well so that they can have a smooth trip. 
Please also pray for my dad. He has been absolutely wonderful through all of this. He is so unbelievably selfless. My mom brags on him all the time. Pray for strength for him. 

I can't express how much we appreciate your prayers. 

Thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of her and your family! My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in March and also has an ostomy bag. We keep hoping and praying that the day will come for her reversal surgery, too! Sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying friend!!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!