Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Half way, what?!?!?!


                                                      



20 WEEKS! Holy moly...just like that, I'm half way through my pregnancy!! That is insane!!! I've been awful about blogging. The first trimester I was sooooo sick!! Now I'm feeling well and want to update about baby as often as I can! I always LOVE seeing people post their baby updates so I'm excited to do the same! I see people post the cutest and beautiful bump updates from all their outings and I'm like I live in Moose Factory where it's seldom above zero, I always have a huge coat on, can't wear cute shoes because I have to wear my boots suitable for freezing weather, and there is nowhere to go on an outing, sooooo this shot is what it has to be! :) This baby is such a gift to us and we truly couldn't be more grateful or excited!

Baby: Baby is the length of a papaya! 10 inches!!! I also read about the size of a small cantaloupe! About 10.5 ounces!

How I'm feeling: Great! Lots or pressure from growing baby stretching my tummy! A little back pain from the growth in the last couple weeks!

Sleep: Pretty good, I'm having to wake up to go to the bathroom about once a night. It took me a while to get used to not sleeping on my back, but now that I've gotten the hang of it, it's getting better!

Workouts: I've been doing prenatal yoga and LOVING it!!! It feels amazing to stretch my body out and prepare for labor in that way!

Clothes: I'm down to 2 pairs of my regular pants that still fit. I have quite a few pair of maternity pants, but find that I can't wear them for too long without feeling nauseous or claustrophobic. haha. My belly needs room to breathe! I can wear most of my regular shirts but I'm loving some of the maternity shirts I have that really make my little belly pop!

Cravings/aversions: I had my first craving this week and it was weiirrddd. Deviled eggs. Who craves deviled eggs??? I had one at a party a couple weeks ago and wouldn't rest until I got one a few days ago. Aversions would be meat. I can't see raw meat, ugh. I can eat chicken as long as someone else makes it. I've been really enjoying two meals in particular, both vegetarian, sweet potato chickpea burgers  and bean and quinoa tacos !! Both delicious, nutritious and approved by my meat loving husband! Woo!

Movement: Lots of movement this past week! I LOVE it!!! It is soooo wild to know there is a precious baby moving around in me!

What I'm loving: Being pregnant! Even with the discomfort of my growing belly or the back pain I am just so grateful! I'm excited to be a mom and I already have so much love for this little baby!!!!! I'm loving this stage with Joshua, it's been so sweet for us!

Daddy: He is so excited to be a dad and teach our sweet baby about Jesus. We've been going through the book "The Duties of Parents" by J.C. Ryle, and that's been getting us excited plus really challenging us!

What I'm looking forward to: As I write this (yesterday by the time you read this) I have NO idea what the gender of our baby is!!! I have an ultrasound appointment at 7:45 PM (only in Moose Factory!!!) so we will know what gender our little sweetie pie is TONIGHT!!! We'll probably wait a few days before posting!!!  ----{NOW I KNOW! ahhhh!! :) I will announce soon!!! :) }






"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139: 13-14

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy things are going so well with you pretty friend! And you are such a tease...you know...now we need to know!! Haha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so happy for you guys, you're going to be the best parents to that sweet little babe! And you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! You're looking so good! You'll definitely have to share the gender now that you know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly the pic i wanted! merci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. exactly the pic i wanted! youre adorbz

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!