Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Two Year Anniversary



Today I have been married to the love of my life for 2 years!

On one hand it has FLOWN by, and on the other hand, I feel like we've been married 10+ years!

We've been so blessed to spend every second together...a gift we will never take for granted!

So in honor of my selfless loving husband here's a list of all the sweet things you do and just a snapshot of why I love you so:

 ...........................................................................................................
You act silly. You don't care what people think of you and you're always yourself!  & you'll do ANYTHING to put a smile on my face!




.................................................................................................................................
You fully support my latest obsession with nachos. You even said we could have them for our anniversary dinner...what a DOLL. :)



....................................................................................................................................
You get excited about the things I get excited about...like my plant finding a new home on top of a crate that I spray painted. You also didn't get mad when I spray painted it in our basement that has zero windows and no ventilation, I made our whole house smell like paint, but you didn't care because I was happy.




.....................................................................................................................
 You put up with me making healthier desserts. You definitely prefer the straight up BAD version...but you'll deal with my almond flour...apple sauce and pure maple syrup sweetening, all natural peanut butter desserts. I'm just trying to make you live longer, darling. :)




................................................................................................................
You don't get upset with me when this is what dinner looks like. And dinner looks like this all too often.




............................................................................................................................
You braid my hair for me. 





 ............................................................................................................................
You always hold my hand.




 .................................................................................................................................
 You go on and on about my homemade bread...which just makes me want to bake you more you little SWEETIE.





.........................................................................................................................
 You look mega sweet in your glasses. And you do this thing where you scrunch your nose when they're on your face. You're so adorable.




.............................................................................................................................
You share your chocolate protein with me. You could be selfish with it since we can't get it here, but I think it makes you happy when I go on and on about my "chocolate milkshake" after our workouts. You're a good sharer.



..................................................................................................................
You go with me to get my hair done. How boring!!! Thanks for hanging out with me and looking all cool with your Starbucks...you can do this again when we go to Toronto in September :) Thank you in advance.



................................................................................................................
Thanks for for appeasing me and eating my energy bites. I know they are too healthy for your liking, and I know you don't really like them...but I'm just trying to make up for feeding you nachos and cookies for dinner.




...........................................................................................................................
Thanks for taking me yard sale-ing when you really don't like it. And thank you even more for taking me to the dump for all this GOODNESS above!!! I promise to make those two pieces of wood incredibly beautiful...and thank you....because I know when I'm done you're going to be so happy for me and proud of me like you always are when I do these sorts of things. 



............................................................................................................................
Thanks for mowing our lawn even when the mosquitoes bite you so bad. And thanks for looking all cute while you're doing it. I like that red shirt on you, you sweet thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!



.....................................................................................................................
Thanks for being my lifelong date. I'm so so happy about this. You're such a great date. You're incredibly handsome and so big and strong. You always make me feel like such a princess. Thank you for this.



............................................................................................................
and most importantly...thank you for doing this every. single. day. You love Jesus so much. You love Him way more than you love me, and that makes me very happy. Thank you for constantly seeking Him and desiring to be a better husband, friend, bible teacher and human being. Your very existence challenges me to be a better person, to love Jesus more, and to seek Him with everything in me. You cry at the very name of Jesus...I want that...I want to love Him better. 

Thank you for being my husband. Thank you for listening to the Lord when He told you I was the one for you. I am so excited for today, and tomorrow and the next day. Every day is SO MUCH FUN with you. 

I love you, Joshua David Oestreich.

<3


"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery- but I am talking about Christ and the church.'"
{Ephesians 5:31-32}



4 comments:

  1. This is just the sweetest thing! I hope the two of you have the best anniversary ever and that God grants you so many more years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously LOVE everything about this post! You and your hubby are SOOO cute!!! yeah for love! Kev and I celebrate 2 years next week, woo hoo!! love ya, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. He braids your hair for you?!!?! I need him to teach Drew because I can't do it myself. Haha. This was such a sweet post. Happy 2 years friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He braids your hair?! What a keeper :) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!