Tuesday, 16 April 2013

west coast surprise

Happy Monday!

I wanted to share about one of the biggest surprises we had in store for my parents for their Anniversary weekend!

Months and months ago I began scheming with my sister about throwing a big party for our parent's for their 30th anniversary. It worked out that Josh and I would be in town near their 30th, so immediately after we decided to make it happen I sent an email to all family that lived out of town to give them as much of a heads up as possible, of course anticipating that many wouldn't be able to come all the way to Georgia!

Within a couple of weeks my grandma informed me that her, my Uncle Todd, and my Aunt Susan were going to make the trip from California! We were thrilled! We knew if the whole party turned out to be a flop (which it didn't!) that their presence alone would make up for it!

So it was top secret until someone slipped up...

{this little cutie patootie, aka, Uncle Todd}

Uncle Todd loves to call his nieces and nephews, and when he called the house one day, my mom answered, and they began chatting away.

He says to her, "I know a secret"
and she said, "what's that?"
He said, "Me, Susan and my mom are coming to your house?"
She said, "my house, when?"
and he said he didn't know.
then he said, March 29th.
(that part cracks me up, he would say IDK, when he really knows the exact date)

BUSTED. 

He said, don't tell Tommy (my dad, his brother).

Right when he got off the phone with my mom he called his sister, my Aunt Susan and said,
"I'm in hot water!"

HA. I love him.

So, the surprise was no longer a surprise for my mom, but my dad still had no idea, 

and could we really be mad at this face: 



No, no we couldn't.

And though my Uncle Todd said he was coming to our house, he never mentioned the party, my mom just assumed they were coming to surprise them for Easter, and because Josh and I would be in town.

She still had NO idea about the party!

So they came on the Thursday night before the party and my sister and I went to pick them up at the airport, 

when we got home, it was time to surprise my daddy, and I captured THIS on video:



It was PERFECT.

So grateful to surprise my dad, and that my whole family got to spend time with my grandma, aunt, and uncle!!! 

Since I've always lived away from my family, I think that causes me to cherish my time with them a little more, and these memories will forever be cherished!!!

Have a great day!

Kristen

{At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions' den. When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, "Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?" Daniel answered, "O king, live forever! My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king."}
Daniel 6:19-22
 

2 comments:

  1. This is So sweet!! He was so surprised and so happy! Love that you captured it on video too!!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!