Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Lord, give me ONE.



Hey y’all!
Happy Tuesday!

I’ve been in total reading mode these last few months and have loved being challenged by the books I’m reading.

I just finished up reading the book Kisses from Katie, by Katie Davis.

Have y’all heard of her?

She’s a 24 year old from right outside of Nashville who moved to Uganda after High School.

Since she has been there in 2008 she has adopted 14 children.

WHHATTTT?

She feeds the hungry, clothes the poor, and educates the uneducated.

Most importantly she shares of the love of Jesus with all the people that she comes in contact with in Uganda.

She opens up her home to complete strangers, bandages wounds of those hurting, spends hours bathing children, feeding children, and just being a mom. 

I highly recommend this book.

Here's a quick video of her ministry, SO AWESOME:


You know my favorite part of the book?

It encourages me to act RIGHT WHERE I AM.

After reading it I don’t feel the need to pick up and move to Uganda (though they do have a sponsorship program that I highly recommend donating to if you feel led that allows you to help provide for the many needs.)

I do however feel the need to love my neighbor right here in Moose Factory.

I feel the need to give ALL of myself to the Lord here in Moose Factory and to say YES to the Lord when He asks anything of me.

Something Katie talks about in the book is not getting overwhelmed by the multitudes, but to love ONE.
Wow, this has spoken to me so much over these last couple of weeks as I’ve had women over who have shared of their unfathomable baby daddy situations, as I’ve heard of some of my precious young girls doing drugs, as I see moms frantically trying to protect their children from their dangerous spouses, as I see marriages nearly coming to an end.

I get overwhelmed.

I feel like I can’t help everyone.

Then I realized…I probably can’t.

Though I may not be able to help everyone, I can help ONE.

And when I’ve helped that one I can help another ONE.

These ONE’s add up to 2 and 3 and on and on.

I can say YES when the Lord gives me ONE.

So that has been my prayer. 

I’ve been asking for my ONE.

And oh my, has the Lord answered that prayer.

Three wild things happened last week.

The Lord gave me my ONE, three different times.

I didn’t get overwhelmed, I just loved on the one in front of me, and I can’t even begin to tell you how beautiful it was.

The Lord walked through me every step of the way.

I’ll be sharing the stories of my “one” throughout this week.

I encourage y’all to love who the Lord puts in your paths this week!!!

I encourage you to pray for one and love that one.

<3
Kristen

 And here are a bunch of RANDOM and totally unrelated pictures to brighten your Tuesday!

{Driving across the river from Moosonee back to Moose Factory}

{ Josh, his mom and me went to visit his Poppo when we were in Philly. We got to experience Bingo with a lot of 80 year olds. It was amazing. I took a video that I find myself randomly watching. HILARIOUS. Bingo is SERIOUS.}




{sneaky sister in law before I chopped off 6 inches}

{Driving over 30 MPH for the first time in over a year. I was scurrred.}

{Loved the texture and color of these walls at the hair salon I went to in Doylestown, PA}

{silly sister bear. ever cool her.}

{About to head to my BFF's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner!}

{Georgia. In late March. All bundled up. SUPER lame.}

{Quinoa Burgers Josh loved them, I didn't so much. I'm super jealous of his quinoa liking taste buds.}

{My taste buds to like these however. People are crazily obsessed with Tim Horton's in these parts. These were brought to us from friends in Toronto who came up}

{Veggie chips and a cute water bottle from Porter Airlines. It's a Canadian Airline. It's amazing! They even have lounges in the airports with coffee and tons of drinks and snacks for their customers. Love it}

{Josh and his best buddy Zach! Him and his lady, Serlin, are such a blessing to us!}
Have a great day!!!

{Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself’. There is no commandment greater than these.”}
Mark 12:30 & 31

2 comments:

  1. I've read Katie's blog, but not her book. I've been wanting to though! It's on my list. I love her story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are BEAUTIFUL first of all. Secondly, LOVE Kisses from Katie, and thirdly I want that quinoa burger! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!