Thursday, 11 April 2013

it's been a while...

Hello sweet friends.
It has been a long time.

Joshua and I took almost a month long break and visited his hometown near Philly for a week and a half, and my hometown near Atlanta for the same amount of time.

It was fun, exciting, chaotic, refreshing, indulgent (FOOD), and wonderful, but not the LEAST bit relaxing!
When we finally got back to Moose Factory we both slept, me more than Joshua, A LOT. 

 This whole past month has been such a whirlwind!
We've felt encouraged and excited at times, and confused and hurt at other times.
Through all the emotions and situations though, the Lord has proven Himself (for the millionth time) FAITHFUL. 

I am so very sad to say that I lost my digital camera somewhere along the way, after shooting hundreds of pictures with intent to blog them, so I will have to just show what I have on my IPhone.



{The day we took off to fly home marked exactly 1 year of being in Moose Factory! It absolutely FLEW BY!}


{The first 3 mornings after we got there we had to be up WAY earlier than I normally get up. We met 2 of Josh's college buddies for breakfast in Lancaster the morning after we got there. Then on Sunday, Joshua preached all 3 sermons to the Junior High at Calvary Chapel Phila. Needless to say, going from our slow pace life in Moose Factory straight to that BUSYNESS I needed a pedi and some crochet time!!!}


{Joshua and I drove to NJ to meet my cousin and her 4 BABIES at the mall, and my Aunt Donna came with her too! It was SUCH a treat to see them and it was my first time meeting this sweet princess, Piper! She was an unbelievably sweet baby! People in Moose Factory always joke about how they "make" big babies here...they are SO right. Piper felt like a feather compared to babies who are younger than her back in Moose Factory}


{he always steals the show that guy (and melts my heart. :) )


{Finally, after way too long, I returned to my favorite city, New York City! It was a super short visit, but it was AMAZING! We met one of my long time friends, Laura, there for dinner and had an absolute blast, not to mention some of the best food I've ever had in my LIFE.}


{I have better pics on my camera..wahh wahh wahhhhh. But here is my sweetie pie and me before dinner walking through Times Square.}


{Back to Philly, we finally got our hands on some Wawa coffee. It was super delish}


{Joshua got a little treat while we were home. This was gifted to him by the Crosswalk Ministry at Calvary Chapel of Philadelphia. It has been such a blessing and great tool for him to prepare his sermons with. We're super grateful!}


{Anyone watch Diners Drive-in's and Dives? Joshua and I were SUPER excited to go to a restaurant that was on Triple D but it seemed like everyone we told had never watched it. LAME. haha, but I MUST say, Josh, his mom and I all agreed that these homemade ravioli's were not good at all. That's okay though, we ate enough good food on our trip to last us a lifetime!}


{like this.}


{I was honored to do this beautiful girls hair and make up for her SWEET 16!!! My sweet sister in law is growing into SUCH a beautiful young woman. We had SUCH a blast at her party! Joshua gave a beautiful speech that had many of us wiping away tears. We all adore her!}


 
 {Here's a shot of all the sibs! That's my sister in law Sarah, and her husband Maurice on the left, Abby in the middle with STRAIGHT hair now because homegirl went outside in the rain when I was begging her to hold an umbrella over her head (hair dresser probs!) and Joshua and me!}

I know I'm missing SO MANY golden pictures from our trip in Philly! I got see my great friends Cait and her husband Bill as well as spend time with all of Josh's buddies and some of their ladies, shout out SERLIN! :) We had a blast in Philly and I'm so grateful for all the support we are shown by all who know and love Josh and I so dearly. We are blessed!

 {On our 14 hour long drive to Georgia we made a quick pit stop in Cleveland, TN, which is where Joshua and I lived when we first got married and where I went to College. We had dinner with our good friends Kellie and Jason who pastor at Calvary Chapel Cleveland, I also got to go on a quick coffee date with my beautiful friend, Kayla, and even more quickly I ran by the softball field to give these 2 sweet girls a hug! We were in DZT together in college and I just love them so! }



{We made it home just in time for my dad's birthday! He's the best!}



 {I have been so excited to give my sweet baby brothers these hand made Moose Hide Moccasins with beaver fur for his birthday! He loved them!


{So good to my sister after a year! This is about how all of our family dinners look, laughing hysterically. It felt SO good to be home!}


{My beautiful best friend GOT MARRIED! Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how grateful I am that I was able to be there and be her Matron of Honor. It truly was an honor. She was the most stunning bride, as you can see, with a heart of gold! I love her so much and could NOT be happier for her and Logan!!!!!!!}


{And I was super happy to have the love of my life by my side all weekend!}


{I can't believe THIS is the only picture I have on my phone from this, BUT, we threw my parent's a SURPRISE 30th Anniversary Party!! Oh my lanta that was hard to keep a secret! I began to blog about it several times when I remembered that I can't do that! I should spend a whole post telling about the party and all the *lies* that went into it! ;) it got pretty funny! It was so much fun and they were SHOCKED!! We had family and friends represented from at least 7 States, including California, so it was just amazing!}


{ This is a half asleep shot of my parents and me after the party. we were all so exhausted from the week before, hosting family, and then the shock of it all! What a blast and memory filled weekend! I love my parents soooooo much!}


{Last October when we were in Toronto, I had this Smoked Mozz Pasta Salad from Whole Foods that I just couldn't get off my mind, so I finally got to make it for Easter Sunday lunch! So delicious! Can't wait to make it again!}


{Believe it or not this is what the weather was like the majority of the time in the States. Philly was cold and snowy, and it was actually WARMER in Moose Factory some days than it was in Kennesaw, Georgia. Preposterous!}


{Finally, the Saturday before we left we got to experience this! It was beautiful!!!}

And of course, with the beautiful weather I had to enjoy...

{this! and oh did I enjoy it!}

Atlanta was such a great time with friends and family! I am incredibly thankful that I got to see family that I didn't expect to see the whole 2 years I was in Moose Factory, even if I came to Atlanta for a visit! I was so thankful that my Grandma, Aunt Susan and Uncle Todd flew out from California for the party and to see Josh and me! What a blessing!

Oh and we were welcomed home to this...



a warm fire to accompany freezing weather!!! It is most definitely NOT spring in Moose Factory!

:)

I hope to keep y'all posted soon about all that the Lord has been doing and revealing to us!

 He is GREAT and we are excited!

<3 y'all!

Kristen

"Then Nebuchadnezzar said, "Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abendnego, who has sent his angel and rescued his sercants! They trusted in him and defied the kind's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God."
{Daniel 3:28}
BOOM.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back friend. I've been wondering about you! So glad you got some time with friends and family, but I'm sad you lost your camera! Bummer! Thank goodness for smartphones right? Loved catching up on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teared up reading this. Zach and I miss you guys a ton! Words can't explain what a blessing and encouragement it was to have you guys here. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time away from Moose, as busy as it was.
    AH I'm really sorry you lost your camera. It just calls for even more photos next time around ;)
    Definitely thinking of you and praying for you both, and greatly looking forward to all that God will continue to do through you and Josh! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you so much!!! It was such a joy having you and Josh home. Our party was fabulous! Thank you so much. You have grown into such an incredibly awesome, Godly woman. I am so proud of you. I am overwhelmed by how much I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You're back! We had such a good time with you guys and feel so honored you made time to see us during your whirlwind adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love love THIS! I was missing you SO much girl:) Glad you are back in blog world. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!