Monday, 4 February 2013

Sweet times

Friday was the best day I've had in a while!
It all started with an awesome workout I had on Thursday. Endorphins are sweet.
I had a workout partner, my new friend, Bianca, so that made it SO much better.
I woke up feeling invigorated and excited for the day on Friday.

I had been anticipating Friday all week because on Friday I completed the greatest book every written!!!



I started it February 5, 2012 and finished February 1, 2013.
It is the best, most challenging, encouraging, full of life, inexhaustible, transforming, life changing book there ever has been and ever will be. I look forward to reading it again and again and again until I meet my Savior face to face.

Friday also happened to be Josh's 5th Spiritual Birthday!!! 5 years ago, Friday, Josh dedicated his life to the Lord for the last and final time and he's never looked back! I'm very grateful for that truth and to be married to a man who is head over heels in love with Jesus.



Though we were perfectly dressed to rob a bank, we chose to go for a walk instead! 

 
 it was BREATHTAKING!!! Absolutely FREEZING, but breathtaking! We found out later that day that there was a warning in Moose Factory to not be outside for a long period of time because of how frigidly cold it was...whoops.

Our walk just got more and more beautiful, but unfortunately it was SO cold that both our phones and my camera stopped working. 


I look dead. But this was my attempt at a snow angel. It was deep and cold and I had so many layers on that I felt like a roly poly.


Look at that sweet and beautiful eye.MMM. I LOVE HIM! His eye lashes slowly but surely turned into icicles. 



By the end it was seriously big chunks of ice on every eye lash!! haha! & I literally had to run inside and grab my lap top to bring on the porch to take this picture because all other technology was frozen. Oh the arctic!

We ended Friday night with Joshy going to the gym, me cleaning the whole house with blasted music (anyone else enjoy that?). We made homemade pizza, had a celebratory cupcake to celebrate his 5th Spiritual Birthday and my completion of the bible, and we watched a show! It was the perfect day!


{ 1 for him. 1 for me. 22 for the hockey team :) }

In other news,
Thank you for your prayers for Pathways to Healing, Joshua spoke and it went VERY well! It's a lot scarier to preach to people who don't believe in what you're saying, but Joshua faithfully brought the Word of God to the conference, and many people left with bibles and a glimpse into the Heart of Jesus. We pray that seeds were planted and that the Word would be read. 


My precious friend Brittany turned 23 last week! So her husband ordered a cake for her from a woman on the island, it cost $25 so we were expecting a pretty good size cake that would feed lots of people, we went to pick it up, and the lady hands us the cake in the middle. We DIED laughing when we got back to the car. I was waiting for her to hand us something else, another cake, ANYTHING. Thankfully, Brittany is very loved so someone else made her the cakes on either side. We all went out to dinner, and had an awesome night playing Apples to Apples and laughing a lot! 

 {Baked Potato Broccoli Cheddar Soup}

 I tried this recipe last week using the awesome Christmas present my husband got me! It was so delicious. I look forward to making it again along with other soups using my immersion blender!!!




My chocolate chip cookies have kinda gained me a nickname in Moose Factory. People always say, "aren't you the lady that bakes chocolate chip cookies." why yes, I am. I love Jesus, and my names Kristen, and I'm married to Josh, but most importantly, I am the lady who bakes chocolate chip cookies. Hey, they told us to minister in Moose Factory, they didn't tell us how! :)

It was a sweet Friday, a sweet weekend, and tomorrow I will change the latter 2 in 22 to a 3 and I'm sure that will be sweet too. 22 was good to me. I'm grateful Jesus got a hold of my heart at a young age and I'm grateful to be serving Him. 

Have a great day friends!!!

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

 <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4183795/?claim=ga32yh5xgz9">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the bible. Go girl! That is an accomplishment! :) And that frozen eyelash picture is amazing. Love that you two enjoyed a winter walk together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I seriously love sooo many things about this post:) But seriously, I cannot, CANNOT, get over how cold it is. So cold that your technology stopped working? So cold that your eyelashes and eyebrows froze over? WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU??!?!?!? hahaha, I about died thinking that you even went for a walk...but then again you probably are going a bit stir crazy! haha. Love that you find SO much beautiful JOY in where you are because it radiates out to all of us!! You are shining his warmth in a cold place my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is crazy that his eyelashes are icicles!! what a cool picture! and happy birthday to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah!! So cold!! Those cupcakes look delish :)

    xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!