Thursday, 28 February 2013

February


There are as many things to trust and have confidence in as there are people...and some of them seem to work- for awhile....but ONLY trusting and having confidence in the Lord brings peace to our life.         Jeremiah 17:7



Do you ever have those weeks where you feel just awful about yourself?
You feel ugly and like you're not good enough.
BLAH.
They are lame weeks and I've had that.

I know this is SOOOO not of the Lord so I have been fighting all of these feelings and thoughts with scripture this week.
Focusing on my confidence in the Lord.

Like every week though, I've been blown away seeing how faithful the Lord is in the midst of my faults and failures. 
I've been blown away seeing Him answer prayers and work deeply in me. 
He is ALWAYS good.

Since I've been having a couple of off weeks I haven't even thought about blogging, but February was  a pretty great month full of fun things, so I wanted to share some of them before it gets too late!

{I changed ages.}


{Some of my sweet friends threw me a little surprise dinner!}



{Happy 23rd BDAY Peach :: Missing the Peach State today!!!}



{So grateful for this girl!!! She left me for a WHOLE week for work meetings and I missed her dearly!}



{We played some Cranium. Josh and I were big time game HATERS before we moved to the Moose, but we've come around!}


{Zacher and Josher}

 {I love this man. He takes care of me so well. The Lord truly blessed me with him}


A couple weeks ago we had 4 men come up from the States, 2 stayed with us at our house! 3 of them will be coming up this Summer, as they do every Summer, for a mission trip, and one of them is praying heavily about moving his family (wife and 3 children) to Moose Factory for Mission work! We had such a great time being together with other believers, encouraging one another and laughing A LOT.


{These guys went behind my back and bought all these decorations for a little party that I hosted for all the February and January birthdays!! They are a bunch of sweethearts!!}


{It was quite entertaining watching grown men blowing balloons and decorating! So thoughtful!}


 {We had about 20 people playing games and hanging out! It was a blast! These are the January/February birthday girls!}


{I made this masterpiece, inspired by the wonderful, Honey Holden, love her!}


{moving on from the Birthday festivities, how CUTE is this?!?! First off, don't even get me started on that HANDSOME man on the right, but look at that precious princess on the left!!! We had the joy of babysitting her for a few hours!}


{We had a pretty low key Valentines Day! We really do act like Valentine's Day is EVERY DAY, we're just KINDA crazy about each other, so it was just as sweet as any other day!}


{I got to bake these for my other Valentines...}


{...My youth group girls! Love them dearly!!!}


{They sneaked away toward the end of Youth Group and made Josh and I the sweetest Valentine cards. they are precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}


February was a great month of growth!
Not a day goes by that I don't ask the Lord to change me. Work in me. Mold me. Refine me. to look more like Him.
He continually answers those prayers, and I'm grateful.

Josh and I leave in less than a week for a nice long trip home!
I can't put into words how excited I am.
I need it. and I am grateful to have this opportunity.

I hope y'all have a very blessed Thursday!!!

"Let us hold unswervingly to the HOPE we profess, for he who promised is FAITHFUL."
{Hebrews 10:23}

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Looks like fun :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've had a lame week...but it looks like February was a good month over all. I love the kisses card that you made. So sweet!
    P.S. You are gorgeous and don't you forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this girl:) So amazing to see the ways God is working in you. I'm SOOO horrible at email sometimes, and realized I never responded to your email about skyping. DANG IT! Ok, i'll email you now and we'll pick a new time:) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KRIS! HAPPPPPPYYYYYYYY BIIIIIIRRRRRTHDAY!!!!!!! Looks like you had a beautiful day! I'm so glad those great folks up in Moose Factory are treating you right & throwing you surprise b-day parties?! That's wonderful :) I am so excited about your trip home..I'm taking off work the Friday before Jess's wedding, so I can spend as much time as possible with you and all the girls that Thursday the the rest of the weekend! Those few days are going to be incredible Can.Not.Wait ♥

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!