Friday, 11 January 2013

Thankful Thursday- sick edition

Hey guys, 

I didn't write yesterday not because I didn't have time, but because I'm sick as can be and I totally forgot.

Actually all I have is time.

But for some reason I have picked up 3 different books this week and can't get myself to read at all.

Today is my 7th day being sick and though it's uncomfortable, I'm grateful that I can't help but be grateful that I'm sick this week, and maybe for a couple days longer, but that it will go away and that I'm really not sick.

I'm healthy.

And I'm grateful.

Life is so much sweeter when we choose to be grateful about the little things.

Today, while I'm downing medicine, I am still choosing joy.

 So before I get back to doing absolutely nothing,

I wanted to share with y'all what I've been reading in Daniel this week:

"As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed."
{Daniel 9: 23}

This is Gabriel talking to Daniel.

I've been so moved this week reading in Daniel and I so long for the Lord to see me as highly esteemed.

 I so long to be courageous like Daniel and to not fear men, because I have God.

This book has just reminded me why I so love the Word of God. 

It is so powerful and is so relevant even today.

I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend.

Sick girl...out.



 

4 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon!!!! Such great perspective on sickness girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! Finally starting to feel better! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better sweet thang! love that you finding thanksgiving in ALL. you are such a hero! love katie

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!