Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Hey there 2013

Hey y'all!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year!!!

Josh's parents came up for a week and we had a wonderful time with them!

I have been absolutely terrible at taking pictures this season!

We have zero Christmas pictures, zero New Years Eve pictures.

BUT, we lived it well, so I'll remember that! :)

I keep getting these feelings of excitement that come with a New Year!

2012 was wonderful.
We moved to a new country{to Canada from US}
We celebrated one year of marriage
We've met amazing people in Moose Factory and have loved serving here
We went on an awesome vaca to Toronto to see my family
Josh's family got to see Moose Factory and fierced the brutal cold
& we've seen the Lord work in AMAZING ways this year.
It was a good one!

Josh and I sat down and talked about what we want for our marriage and ministry in 2013, and I made my own personal list of what I desire in 2013.
Ultimately we both desire what Jesus wants for us and we just want to look more like him, but I am a list person, so I couldn't resist.

So though I don't really have pictures to share, I have my list. The list that the Lord has put on my heart thus far. I am very open to lengthening my list, so we shall see what the Lord puts on my heart.

If the Lord wills it in 2013 I desire to:
1) Have 30 coffee dates with at least 15 different people. ( no coffee shops here so they are free dates, in my home! :) )
2) Cook 12 new & cool meals from my awesome cook books that my hubby got me for Christmas
3) Start an indoor herb garden (I want cilantro and basil at my fingertips!!)
4) Host 3 women's gatherings in my home
5) Memorize 24 verses along with Beth Moore and her ministry (you can join too!!!)
6) Read 6 books (Hopefully more, but I have low expectations in this category because I tend to knit in my spare time rather than read)

 
{some of the books I plan to read and woo, one picture in the whole post!!}
 
7) Learn how to crochet (if it's faster than knitting, which I've heard it is, I must learn!)
8) Bake & sell 3 things each week on Food Fight until our trip in March
9) Become a better homemaker (Lord, teach me.)
10) Live in Faith. Trust the Lord for things that are out of my comfort zone.
11) Make Jesus the SUBSTANCE of my life. {this may not make sense to you, but the Lord has shown me what this must look like in my life}

So, that's my list so far!

I just really want to LIVE. I want to live well. I want to savor each minute. & mostly I want to LOVE well.
I'm feeling very encouraged and excited going into this New Year and so grateful for such a wonderful 2012!

Have a wonderful day, y'all!!

Xo Kristen

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
 -Mark 10:45
 

3 comments:

  1. You have definitely had a full year Kristen and I loved looking at your goals. I can't wait to hear about all your Pioneer Woman recipes!!!!! And I have a desire to memorize more verses as well so I will definitely be checking out that link. Happy 2013 sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your goals for the new year, especially the coffee dates and the hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, this was soooo encouraging and inspiring! I am also doing the Beth moore 24 verses this year and am SO excited! I'm memorizing Psalm 146 for the first few rounds! What are you memorizing now? love ya!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!