Thursday, 13 December 2012

Thankful Thursday ::: Show me Your glory

Hey there!

Today I am stressed.

I have kinda forgotten what stress is.

There isn't much stress to be found on a little 3 mile long island in the Tundra. (this used to be an exaggeration, but after -17 degree weather, I changed my mind, I'm not exaggerating :))

I found it today though, and am reminded why I'm not a big fan of it.

I'm overwhelmed with projects around the house, my in laws coming next week, Christmas party for our Youth Group, Christmas Brunch for the women's ministry.

Well the Lord is perfect, along with his timing.

Today, in the midst of all my stress, I realize I need to reread this weeks chapter for this post.

After the first page I was grateful that I didn't remember until the second that I did.

Oh how I can resonate with Ann's words,
"My gratitude journal is buried under a mess of papers over the sink's sill with yesterday's snippets of the list that never ends- but nothing counted today." (page 103)

I think stress found me when I stopped finding my blessings and being grateful for them.

 This week I've allowed my gratitude to get buried under my to do list.

What a shame.

I'm grateful for this pause.

Selah.

I want to learn how to handle my stress in a way that honors God.

"I want to see beauty. In the ugly, in the sink, in the suffering, in the daily, in all the days before I die, the moments before I sleep...Beauty is all that is glory and God is Beauty embodied, glory manifested." (pg. 109)

I want to see the glory of God in the midst of my to do list.

He needs to be the very essence of my life.

I'm so humbled by this chapter.

I'm humbled by J.I. Packers words,
" The life of true holiness is rooted in the soul of awed adoration. It does not grow elsewhere."

I want to be in AWE of our precious Lord.

So today, 

in the midst of things that do need to be done,

I'm going to pay attention to God.

I'm going to thank Him.

I'm going to step back and ask Him to show me Himself.

To show me Your glory.

& I'm going to be thankful for:

1) the blessing of having a beautiful home & family that would make the forever long trek to come visit us, and that will still love us if everything isn't perfect.
2) talking to 2 of my 3 siblings on the phone today. I haven't talked to my brother in Florida for months and months so it was great to hear his and his wife's voice.
3) the ability to bake and sell baked goods.
4) My crock pot and the time it saves me.
5) The opportunity I have to not only be a part of the lives of the youth, but also the lives of the women. 
6) Stress that reminds me how desperate I am for my Savior.
7) Jillian Michaels and how good she is at killing my body in just 20 minutes.
8) Our Ladies bible study and the sweet community that the Lord is allowing it to become.
9) Finding hundreds of songs in my iTunes on my old laptop that I forgot about and transferring them to my phone.
10) the Christmas season and the beautiful reminder of the GORGEOUS birth of Jesus. He came to earth in human form, went through so much pain, on our behalf, and rose again. I am so grateful for these Truths. 

 

 I long to look on the face of the One that I love. Long to stay in Your presence it's where I belong.


 
Check out the other girls:
Tara 


Xo Kristen

"God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."
1 John 1:5b

4 comments:

  1. Love love love love! so thankful for your words. I was so struck by the AWE this week while reading this chapter. In awe of what Christ has done and OH how he loves us. I'm also in awe of negative 17 degrees! WHAT THE HECK! CRAzy!!!! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a much needed reminder to always count the blessings...to always look for the ways the Lord is working in my life. Joy is to be found there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great reminder for us to kick stress to the curve and just pay attention to God and his amazing creation. Praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this. Whenever I am stressed, I remember that being stressed is a choice. No matter the circumstances, I can choose whether I am stressed, or whether I am trusting God.

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!