Wednesday, 5 December 2012

latest happenings

Hey y'all!

A day rarely goes by without people here making fun of me for saying y'all!
"Ever American you", they say!
Then I just say, "Ever me!"
I whip out my Moose Factory lingo, redeeming myself.
 Then that's done.

Us O's have been a busy pair lately!
I was just telling Joshua that I struggle with thinking that a busy life is one fulfilled, and that checking off my to do list is the only way to be productive.
The Lord has taught me a lot these past couple of weeks, and is helping me to find what my role is as a homemaker in the ministry!
I'm so grateful the Lord is answering my prayers through teaching me what I am to do in this special role!
What a blessing!

Here are some pics from what we've been up to:

 
 I was just telling my best friend how grateful I am to live in Moose Factory and learn so many things that I may not have learned otherwise. Things like making homemade bread, and cooking so many things from scratch. My latest endeavor has been making infinity scarves! I'm so thankful for this tool and feel super blessed that I know I can always provide for my family with cooking and knitting! So if nothing else they'll be fed and warm, and of course ridiculously loved too.



Life has been cold lately. Really cold. I have never experienced weather this cold in my whole life, so it's been pretty shocking!!! Do you know what -18 degrees feels like? It is BRUTAL!!! Thank you infinity scarf! (and gloves, 2 coats, long johns, etc...)



Crazy girls!! These are two of my grade 8 girls!!! WILD I tell ya! The Lord is really answering my prayers as far as the grade 6 through grade 8 girls go! When we first arrived they were ROUGH. I mean, very disrespectful and unpleasant to spend time with. Now, after months and months of investing in them, they are SOOO pleasant to be around and so much more respectful. I truly love all my girls soooooo much and am so thankful the Lord is allowing me to make any impact in their lives. 


I am currently going through this study with the women at our church! My mom got it for me and I originally planned to do the study by myself, but when I had the women from church over and they saw it, they decided they wanted to do it too. I have been really nervous and just having to trust the Lord because this study is VERY different from the last one we did. I say it's "fancy". The video's take place in Italy and some of the situations and stories she uses are irrelevant and un-relatable for our ladies. I know God can use ANYTHING and I know our ladies really desire to figure out how to deal with their emotions in a biblical, God honoring way, so LORD, USE THIS!!!




This past weekend I had a table at a community wide (indoor) yard sale!!! I sold all sorts of yummy baked goods like chocolate chip cookies, brownies and cake balls! God is so good and provided more funds for us to be able to go home for a visit in March!!! Now I only need to do about 10 more of these! :)



 
Pretty important news: Netflix and Disney have made a deal and CURRENTLY Pocahontas is playing on Netflix. This makes me EXTREMELY happy. I told Josh I was going to watch it soon and he said, "wait till I'm done studying so I can watch it with you!!!" What a cutie!


That's what we've been up to!

Today Josh was called and asked if he would speak at a Pathway's to Healing conference in January!!! This is such a blessing because so many of the speakers are Medicine Men and people into Native Spirituality! I pray that Moose Factory would be drawn to the truths that Josh will share!!

Have a good day peeps!!!

<3 Kristen

"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us."
1 Peter 2:11-12

5 comments:

  1. Pocahontas on Netflix? Yay! I always look for Disney movies on there, but there aren't ever any of the good ones! I can't wait until I own them all someday. :) And you know how to make infinity scarves? I need to learn how! Yours looks great girl. What a Proverbs 31 woman you are taking such good care of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! I hope to own them all too! How could I raise my children without sharing DISNEY movies?!?! Thanks, love!! The Lord is so sweetly putting people in my life to teach me! :)

      Delete
  2. My heart just about melted when you talked about your "girls" and how they've changed. That is SO the Light of Christ that radiates from you girl!! Isn't it amazing how light can fill dark places? I love it! and I'm kinda obsessed that Josh wanted to watch Pocahontas with you. LOVE it!!! love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OKay...Disney on Netflix????? I've been WAITING for that to happen! AAAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I know, pretty huge news. The official deal doesn't start until 2016 the article said, but they are showing some classics right now!!

      Delete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!