Friday, 7 December 2012

Consider it pure joy; One Thousand Gifts

***I'm so sorry this is SO late!!! I'm JUST NOW realizing this didn't publish yesterday!!!!***


 Hey y’all!
Week 5 here going through Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts.
 
This week is about something I haven’t experienced much of in my life…
Suffering.

The Lord has certainly taken me through things that at the time were very rough, but he so sweetly grew me immensely through them.

Sweet grace.

This chapter brings me directly to James 1: 2-3
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.”

Living in Moose Factory I see suffering on a daily basis.
I don’t know why these things happen.

I was pleading to tears with the women at bible study who struggle to forgive God for some of the trials and suffering they have faced.

I said please, please, don’t blame God.

Don’t you understand, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8-9)

It hurts so badly when we face trials.
& the trials that these women have faced are AWFUL things.

But I can’t help but find thanksgiving in Isaiah 55!
I can’t help but be grateful that GOD knows, and I don’t.

I pray the Lord would give me the grace to remember these truths when I do face true tragedy.
I pray that they would seep out of my heart into my entire being.
I trust him, and I am thankful that though suffering is inevitable, his ways are infinitely right.

{Unspoken, In your Hands}

I am thankful for…
1)   We had one child at youth group tonight, and that young 12 year old girl gave her life to the LORD!!!!!!!  By far, what I’m most grateful for!!!
2)      A mom who teaches me to make homemade turkey soup via skype, of course.
   3)      The Lord taking my prayers seriously and answering them with trials, though it’s frustrating at times, I’m grateful to be stretched.
4)      A fresh covering of snow, it’s so beautiful!
5)      Blogs and how much encouragement I gain from them.
6)      The Lord sweetly encouraging me this week to be the best homemaker that I can be.
7)      A two hour long conversation with my best friend today.

2 comments:

  1. Very well said. It is so incredibly hard to watch someone suffer and then turn away from the One who can take all that suffering and turn it into joy! Well spoken Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this girl:) It amazes me how much God is using you to speak truth and light into the world in MF. Suffering is so difficult, but thank the Lord that His ways are not our ways, and that HE has a plan! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!