Tuesday, 27 November 2012

a spectacular weekend

Hello everyone!
I know I have some amazing friends and family who were praying away for me on Thanksgiving and our day turned out to be really good!
God takes perfect care of me!

Friday we hosted 4 of our friends for an American Thanksgiving and the day could not have been more perfect!!
I skyped with my mom a total of 2 and a half hours that day and she helped me prep my FIRST Turkey and helped with all the other little things.
She's the best!!!


I made every single thing on that plate! Woo! 
Except the bread! I wanted homemade bread but didn't have time for that!
I made turkey, homemade stuffing, corn souffle, glazed carrots, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and salad with a delicious homemade red wine vinegar dressing!
I thoroughly enjoyed spending all day cooking and it was SO worth it with all the great feedback from my husband and guests!!!
Even thousands of miles away, I couldn't have done it without my mama! :)

In other COOL news, Joshua and I made our Christmas tree this year!
We made a TEEPEE Christmas tree!!!!
I'm downright in love with it!
Since we've lived here I've fallen in love with all things rustic with an aboriginal vibe.
This includes teepee's, and Moose, definitely Moose!!!
Still waiting on my antlers to hang up!

Any way, we took big branches...



Sawed them and took off the bark.
Then we arranged them how we liked and wrapped the top in twine...


Added some lights, and may still add some ornaments...




& there it is in the background! Mmm, love it!
Those are our some of our friends on our Thanksgiving night playing Cranium!


My love and me! Yes, he's wearing shorts when it's like 15 degrees out. Our house was on fire from cooking all day!

& we had the privilege of going over to Moosonee on Saturday for Josh to speak at their service on Sunday morning.

Y'all would not believe this if I didn't have pictures but as we were going across in the boat the river was freezing up.
The front of the boat would break through the ice so we could get through.
it was AMAZING!!! SUCH a great experience! 


that's all ice on the river as we went across

[brief interruption (just got off the phone with a young woman, mom to 3,  who wants to rededicate her life to the LORD, PTL!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!! I love my job!!!!)]

So Joshua and I spent the night at a friends house in Moosonee and had an amazing time of fellowship, then he spoke Sunday morning.

Turns out we were one of the last boats of the season to go across on Saturday and starting Sunday we would have to take a helicopter.



(this is my new favorite picture ever, how stunning is that!??!!)

So we flew back over after an amazing weekend


God is good and we are so thankful for such an amazing weekend of fellowship, encouragement, and
new friendships!!!!!


I hope y'all have a fantastic Tuesday!!!

Xo Kristen

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured he cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:2

3 comments:

  1. love this! Wow, that is crazy about the ice, I can't believe you have to take a helicopter for travel! And ps- I LOVE your job too...what an incredible thing to be used by the Lord! Praise God!! love Katie

    ps- love the new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for cooking all that food!! And I LOVE your cute tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tree! So cute and such a festive touch. And I'm glad your turkey turned out and you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm jealous of your snowy pictures...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!