Friday, 19 October 2012

Happy Birthday!!!

 Today marks 24 years of life for the love of my life!!!
I am so grateful for this day and so grateful that I get to spend the rest of his birthday’s celebrating his life and making him feel like the special man that he is!

Today we get on a boat, then train, then bus, then plane to head to Toronto!
So grateful for this break and so grateful to travel with my love and see my parent’s on the other side!

Happy Birthday Joshua, my love, you are the greatest gift I’ve ever received and I am so blessed to be your wife!

In honor of my best friend’s 24th birthday, here are 24 things that I love about him and our life together:
1)      I love serving the Lord with you. It is truly SUCH a joy to do this by your side.
2)      I love your heart for the Lord and how you LITERALLY seek him ALL day long. It blows me away.
3)      I love how you love me and treat me like a princess. You make me the happiest girl ever!
4)      I love your sense of humor and how you know EXACTLY how to make me laugh. I love how we laugh together SOOOO much.
5)      I love how the Lord has us at a point in our life and ministry where we get to spend most of our time together. I can’t think of anyone else in the world I would want to spend all my time with beside you!
6)      I love how you lead me. Whether it be reading the Bible with me, reading My Utmost for His Highest or just praying together, I love that we don’t only seek the Lord individually, but together too! You are so great at leading our home.
7)      I love how you love your siblings and my siblings as if they were your own. I have always been attracted to the way you treat your family, and even more so now that I am seeing you consistently treat them the same way, with love, through all the years we’ve been together.
8)      I love that you are SO the real deal. You’re the best Bible teacher I have ever heard, but what I love most is that you literally live it out EVERY SECOND OF EVERY SINGLE DAY. YOU BLOW ME AWAY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!! I want to be more like you!!!!!!!!
9)      As mentioned above I love that you are THE BEST Bible teacher ever. Your LOVE for the Bible and the Lord just pours out of you when you’re preaching. Watching you spend hour after hour in your office seeking the Lord and studying, and then coming out at the end of the day with so much enthusiasm for me means the WORLD to me. Thank you, my love.
10)   I love dreaming with you about our future. Nothing makes me happier than the fact that I get to do life with you.
11)   I love that you are so consistent with your workouts and I love even more that that consistency pours out into every other area of your life. Plus, you have big muscles and are the hottest husband ever in the world, I love that too!!!
12)   I love how you are ALWAYS content. I learn so much from you!!! You are truly content in every situation and no matter what happens. You live out the Word of God. Philippians 4:11.
13)   I love how nice you are. You are just a genuinely nice person. You are nice to everybody!!! And it is so clear that you don’t think of yourself more highly than you ought (Romans 12:3), though I think the world of you.
14)   I love that I have never in my life met a 23 year old, now 24 year old as wise as you. You have wisdom that so obviously comes from the Lord alone. I love how the elders of the church here call you for advice and I love how you so humbly share your wisdom. You are amazing.
15)   I love how you are incredibly humble. Though I compliment you on your unbelievable God given wisdom, you only long for more and see yourself for what you are, an imperfect man in need of God’s grace. I’m grateful that even with me as your wife you don’t have the world’s biggest head, ha!
16)   I love learning how to love one another more and more every day. We certainly aren’t perfect at it, and will only get better in time, but I know the Lord truly blessed our first year of marriage and taught us so much about loving one another. I’m so grateful for the Lord’s perfect guidance in our marriage.
17)   I love how you hold me all the time. I sit in your lap more than I sit on any other chair or couch. I just like it so much better than chairs and couches. Thanks for putting up with me!
18)   I love how you’re so enthusiastic about everything I do whether it is my cooking, baking or crafts. You just love it all and are always so proud of me. I secretly think of you the whole time I’m doing these things just knowing you’ll be so proud of me, and you never fail to be.
19)   I love how you aren’t afraid to be yourself. You are confident in the person that the Lord made you. You are the same always. You love me the same whether we are home or out in public. You aren’t afraid to not fit in what the world calls a “cool guy”. You’re just Josh, and I like you just that way! AND you are SO cool!
20)   I love the way you attack me with kisses several times throughout the day. I feel your love so much and am so grateful to be loved by you the way that I am.
21)   I love how you are so respected by so many. We’ve only been in Moose Factory for 7 months and already there are SO many people who respect you so much and think incredibly highly of you. That speaks so much of your character.
22)   I love how you always encourage me in everything. You encourage me to cry, you encourage me to get out of my comfort zone, you encourage me in my walk with the Lord, you just encourage me to be me. You know I will never be perfect and you love me so much even when I feel like a failure. I’m so grateful I can be myself 100% of the time and know I’ll be loved no matter what!
23)   I love how even after we’ve been married year I’m still GIDDY that we’re married!!! I can’t believe we’re married!!!!!!!!!!! It felt like such a long wait, but now that it’s here and we’re married and it’s been over a year I still get overwhelmed often with excitement! I’m so grateful God chose you for me!
24)   I love our love. I’ve never seen another love like ours. It is so special and specific and one of a kind. It was so perfectly sculpted by the Lord and I wouldn’t want it any other way. We have a love that will truly last a life time. I am certain that our love will just grow and grow and become even sweeter, though I can’t imagine it any sweeter than it already is! I just love you so much!
I love you, Joshua David Oestreich and I celebrate you and the amazing life you lead! 

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Happy Birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh love this post and all the things you love about him. happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for an award. Head over to my blog for details!
    ~Kindra

    http://tryingtobewhoiam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!