Thursday, 6 September 2012

ch-ch-ch-changes

Hey everyone!
We've finally settled down a bit since our Hockey Camp last week!
It's been nice to get some rest this week and SO nice to do some projects that make me feel at least a little productive!

I told y'all that we were gifted many amazing things last week!
Some of those things were 5 clear vases.
I've been wanting vases for a while to do a project with so I was THRILLED.

I'm the WORST at taking before pictures, BUT some of these vases had a little paint on them and weren't presentable, and the others were clean, but just needed a little change!

I knew I wanted my vases to be white with a gold accent, so I painted accordingly for the design I wanted.
I've gotten three done so far!


With this one I painted then spray painted the whole thing white, and then I put tape on the vase accordingly, then I spray painted the gold on.


With this one I spray painted gold in the top portion of the vase, then when it was dry I placed tape on it as best as I could in the Chevron pattern, then painted and spray painted it white, then removed the tape!


And then I did this one!!! Same idea as above! 


Here they all are! I'm super in love with them!

I look forward to doing these two:


I'll post some pics when I'm done with them!

Since I showed y'all my frames , I haven't finished any new ones, but I did add a little something to the coral one:





I LOVE twine and thought it would be super cute wrapped around my frame, I like how it turned out!

& lastly, 

I have my quiet time in the living room every single morning and with that comes my Bible, My Utmost for His Highest, the current bible study I'm working on and my Kindle with The Pursuit of God.

Though if ANY books had to be making a mess, I would want it to be those ones, I thought that there must be a way to have them conveniently out in my living room, but still look nice.

Enter TRAY!

I love trays! Trays enable you to have a bunch of junk out, but STILL look put together.
Trays are the bomb and I love how they look too!

 I didn't want to buy a tray here because everything costs like a million dollars, so I took a large frame that I bought at a yard sale for $1, painted it white, sanded it, y'all know I like that rustic look, placed canvas underneath the glass and there was my perfect tray!





I love it!

Okay, I said that was last but the last one is really small.

I took some of the left over canvas and made MUCH needed coasters! They aren't fancy at all, but I like the rugged look and they get the job done!


So those are the projects I've been up to!

Just want to leave y'all with a verse that I read this morning that I am grateful for:

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom."
2 Corinthians 3:17

Thankful for Freedom in Christ and that His Freedom and Spirit live IN me!!!

Have a great day y'all!!! :)

6 comments:

  1. you are TOO cute! these are great ideas:) I just got into pinterest, so i'm working on some projects that hopefully i'll share:) have a GREAT weekend girl, love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you painted these vases! Awesome idea, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative!!! I love the way you did these vases. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vases. I am moving into a new home soon and am always looking for ideas to spruce up my new home. I am defiantly going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! How exciting!!! I am constantly finding new ideas from blogs, pinterst and instagram! Easy but cute is my favvvvs. :)

      Delete
  5. i love the vases you painted! they look amazing :)
    i hope you had a great weekend!

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!