Wednesday, 26 September 2012

23 days

We have a doctor friend who comes into Moose Factory for bits of time to work, and then goes home to Toronto to work for the other part of the time.
He says that those coming into Moose Factory to work(like my husband and me) should get out every 3 months to clear your head and to refresh yourself because it's no secret that Moose Factory can be a dark and sad place.

It's been 7 months since Joshua and I have been here and we have YET to have a little getaway.

I truly feel like the Lord has been keeping us and taking care of us because we are doing pretty well, but I'll tell you what, we are READY for a little vaca! :)

So in exactly 23 days, on my sweet Hubby's birthday, we will be getting on a boat, then train, then bus, then PLANE and head to TORONTO for one WHOLE week!!!!!! I can't wait to travel with the Love of my LIFE and see my family on the other side!!!

We are RIDICULOUSLY excited!!!!!!

Here is what I'm looking forward to MOST about our trip:


This is BY FAR what I'm looking forward to MOST!!! I get to see my family!!! I SO wish I could see my whole family, and will greatly miss my brother, David and his wife Kat, and my sister, Erin (they're the two on the far left), but I CAN'T wait to hug my mom, dad, and little baby brother, Marky Sparky!!! Yes, I still treat him like he's 5, even though he's 20. We are going to explore Toronto, which is a new city for me, and I am beyonndd a city girl, we will play games, SHOP till we DROP, Eat yummy food, and just BE TOGETHER! :) Can you tell I'm excited?


http://dailyhighfive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Cheesy1.jpg
via


Food would NATURALLY be second on my list of what I'm most excited for. My girlfriend asked me the other day if there was a Starbucks in Moose Factory. I almost stopped breathing at the very thought of that. The answer is noooo wayyyy. There is nothing incredibly yummy here, which is why I can't wait to chow down on DELICIOUS food. Mexican and Italian are our favs. Oh...I cannnnoottt wait, and hope I don't gain 30 pounds in one week.


via
I can't wait to shop in general, but I miss thrift stores soooo much. I've already google mapped where some are in location to our Condo. We are also staying in walking distance to the Biggest Mall in Canada. Dangerous. I'm actually not the worlds biggest shopper. I totallly love deals, hence the Thrift store, and with the amount of things that I need to prepare for the collldd winter ahead, I hope that they don't fail me! Oversized sweaters, boots, and scarves are a muusttt have for the negative temperatures ahead!



I love going to places I've never been and I am THRILLED that we get to go to Niagara Falls. How gorgeous is this? Woo. I'll bring back lots of pictures!!!





Michael's couldn't even be included in the other shopping mention above because it's in a category of it's own! I can't wait to have all the craft supplies that I don't have available to me here. I've been into making greeting cards lately so I'm excited to get some better supplies to do that over the cold long winter, along with more yarn to knit! I'm grateful the Lord has given me more of a love for crafty things since I've been here, not only because I've always wanted to be creative, but also to keep me busy on days when we are slow!


Lastly, I'm just excited to get away and be in a huge city. I've been praying that this time away truly refreshes us and makes us come back on fire and excited to continue doing whatever the Lord puts in front of us. I pray that seeing my family would be the breath of fresh air that I need and that when I leave them I'm not a complete wreck. I'm so unbelievably grateful for this opportunity and pray that the Lord would even use this for His good!!!

23 days to go!!! 
:)

Hope y'all are having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. yipppeee! seeing family is JUST the greatest!! and we are like the same person...i LOVE a great deal so yard sales are my best friend! and of course i love michaels:) can't wait for your time in Toronto!!! love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're the sweetest, I feel like you've been traveling with me on most of my Moose Factory journey! :)

      Delete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!