Monday, 27 August 2012

my cup runneth over

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over
Psalm 23:5 (KJV) 


In ministry and in any job you can grow tired.
This has been happening to me lately.
I've been tired, grown weary, and felt a little hopeLESS.
I've carried others burden's and have cried and cried over this place.

Thank goodness Jesus tells me what to do when this happens:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

Gone to him is exactly what I've done.
I've told him that I'm tired and feeling a bit discouraged and He has been so faithful in making Himself known to me.

He has made my cup runneth over.

Most of the time it's the little things that make me smile knowing that God is taking care of me.

Last Saturday my friend Brittany and me planned a girls night for some of the 13 year old girls.
We were so excited and made yummy treats and homemade pizza and even bought everything to do homemade facials and masks.

Instead of our fun carefree girls night though, we had an extremely heavy night of the girls confiding in Brittany and me and sharing all of their struggles.
Don't get me wrong, I am SOOOO glad and incredibly THANKFUL that they can talk to Brittany and me and praise the LORD for that!!!
But what made me so sad was thinking about what I DID at 13 year old sleepovers.

I was free!!! Care FREE!!!
I had fun, and played and laughed and honestly, I may not have even known much about suicide at the time.
But suicide, and drinking and drugs are a part of these girls every day life.
They live with it or have experienced it themselves, or are afraid of losing another friend to suicide.

In the midst of my sadness though, the Lord sweetly nudged me to let me know He is still here.
3 of the 13 year old girls came to youth group on Friday night for the first time! 
I was SO thankful!!!!
It was a powerful night with a powerful message from my husband and afterward we had a BLAST playing charades.

I was SO grateful for this.

The Lord doesn't just fill our cup though, He fills it to overflowing.

That same week I worked really hard to sell a lot of baked goods to raise money for our trip to meet my parents in Toronto.
I made a goal that wasn't very likely, but I like to shoot high.
Well at the end of the week I counted my money and I had made EXACTLY what I had hoped to.
We were blown away and felt so blessed and thankful that the Lord is providing for me to see my parents! I miss my mommy and daddy!!!! :)

I said overflowing right???

THEN, last night, after our church service we went to a Coffee House that was put on by one of my Nurse friends.
It was so great to relax and listen to live music and just hang out with adults.
Not only was it just a blessing in itself, but I ALSO happened to win a door prize!
An amazinnnggg candle and body wash and CHOCOLATE!
Thank you JESUS!

I'm still going.

So I mentioned my nurse friend above, well she loves Jesus too, and we found out little by little that there are actually several nurses that do!
So tonight we are having about 10-15 nurses and some other people over to drink coffee and eat treats and fellowship and worship together!!
I am ELATED! 
Joshua and I are both blessed to have come from friends that we could fellowship with and spontaneously worship with and we both miss that blessing so much!

So again, Jesus, is filling up my cup.
He knows very well how I am feeling and He is giving Joshua and me the encouragement we need.
He is holding our hand through this time and I am so grateful for that and HIM!!!

Cling to Jesus friends!!!

Have a great week! Joshua and I are helping at a Christian Hockey Camp all week, many kids will be hearing the gospel for the first time, prayers are SO appreciated!!

Xo

11 comments:

  1. wow, I just got chills reading this! seriously girl, your faith encourages me SOOOO much! like so much! I totally know how you feel with kids having SUCH deep and heavy things to deal with these days...it's so sad. But thankfully the LORD brings freedom, so YES, I want to cling to him. Thanks for sharing your blessings, they overflowed and blessed me:) love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you bless the heck out of me alllll the time!!! Grateful to encourage you sister!!!

      Delete
  2. Your Mommy and Daddy miss you!!!....but we are so happy that you are in the center of God's will because that is the BEST place to be! It such a blessing to see how you and Joshua are being used, day in and day out!! We love you and can't wait to see you!! Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daddy-o!!! Love you and CAN'T wait to see you in less than 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Not only am I incredibly proud of you I am inspired and encouraged too. You are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you Mama!!!! :) You're pretty awesome toooo!!!!

      Delete
  4. Not only am I incredibly proud of you I am inspired and encouraged too. You are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristen. THANK you! thank you so much for posting this. i am always bringing you and josh before the Lord, i talk about you ALL the time- i dont care how weird people think i am lol.
    what youve written is so encouraging and i am SO glad that youre spending time with hospital staff.
    thank you Lord for blessing my sweet friends, may they continue to give you all the glory and let you win the battles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best girl!!! Thank you for all of your prayers, support and love!!! Can't wait to see you again!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post, dear!! and I love the comment that you wrote on my blog - I appreciate it in SO many ways - I'm glad you see my hobby/interest in beauty as an interest and not an identification of "who" we are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Exactly girl, the Lord made us to love girly things :) It's just how we are :) Love your blog and seeing your heart shine through! :)

      Delete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!