Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Yard sale: Moose Factory style

So in the states a yard sale is usually a full day or even weekend long ordeal.
In Moose Factory, a yard sale lasts 30 minutes at the most.

Yard sales are HUGGGGEE deals here!!!
There is usually over 50 people that show up, if not closer to 75.
People show up 20 minutes early so the people running it actually have to ROPE off their yard sales.
Once they say GO everyone takes off and just starts grabbing stuff!

One thing I miss so much about the states is thrift stores. 
I've been wanting frames to make a gallery wall but I don't have a thrift store to run to to find the perfect vintage frames.
I do however have yard sales to go to and happened to find some frames at this one!

So I realize this video is crazy and not that great, but I just wanted y'all to see how crazy wild these yard sales are!


7 comments:

  1. OH MY! I LOVE yard sales...sounds like Moose Factory brings them to a new level though, wow! Excited to see your gallery wall! love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I'm so excited to finish it and post it!!!

      Delete
  2. wow thats insane!! where do you live??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is insane! :) I live in Moose Factory, Ontario! A tiny island in Northern Ontario! :)

      Delete
  3. that is funny!! seems like i would get overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!! I love taking all the time in the world when I go thrifting and slowly looking through everything! haha, SO not an option at these!! :) Still a blast though!

      Delete
  4. kris i know it's not the same as a thrift store but u can prolly find some vintage frames on ebay

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!