Tuesday, 5 June 2012

a simple life


The majority of my life I lived outside of Atlanta.
The idea of a simple life never appealed to me. 
I love being busy. I love being surrounded by people. I love going out on the town and spending a day shopping with my girlfriends. I love getting dressed up and going out to a nice dinner.
This is what I have always known and what I've always loved.



When the Lord called us to Moose Factory, I learned quickly that I was entering the "simple life"
I'm not extremely busy. There aren't a ton of people. There is no town to go out on. There is certainly no places to shop. I don't get really dressed up anymore because I would get dirty anyway, even with much effort not to.



Yet, I have the most joy that I have ever had. 
I have learned more in the simplicity than I have ever learned amongst the busyness.
The Lord has given me such a love for Moose Factory and I am beyond grateful.
A glimpse of the gorgeous river with the big blue sky brings me so much joy.
And I am learning each day to find so much beauty in the simplicity.



So as of late I am trying to stop every chance I get and be thankful.
To be thankful for this time in my life when I have few distractions.
To be thankful that my sole purpose right now in life is to tell people about Jesus Christ and love people.
To be thankful that the Lord has given me such a love for this time in my life that the mere thought of leaving Moose Factory nearly brings tears to my eyes.



I just want to encourage you today to find rest in the place the Lord has called you.
Find beauty in your day to day.
Pause and be thankful for the smallest things.
Though life may grow mundane, thankfulness can be the thing that allows you to find joy.
And if it is a challenge to be content with where you are in life, seek the Lord and He will fill you with gratitude.

 


Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. That was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! That makes me so happy that the Lord is working so magnificently in my wonderful daughter!! I love you!!

    Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristen, this was so à propos for me as i was looking thru your old posts. thanks a mil for sharing, every bit of it is SO very true. thankful to be thankful :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!