Thursday, 24 May 2012

a woman who fears the Lord



I so desperately long to be a Proverbs 31 woman and make that a prayer daily. A verse that I hold on tight to is, “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised” (Proverbs 31:30). The Lord has made me one girly girl. I LOVE make up. Having my nails painted makes me feel so happy. Putting outfits together and fashion in general is a true joy for me. Doing my own hair and others hair is something I thoroughly love. So in the midst of all of these things that I LOVE, I must come back to Proverbs 31:30. I can love these things, but I must first love God. I must first seek Him. I must first fear Him. I have certainly in my lifetime gotten too caught up in ME and what I look like that I take my eyes off of Him. This is something I have to work at. I have so much more confidence when I look nice, as I’m sure most do. Even here in Moose Factory, I have more confidence to approach a couple high school girls when my makeup and hair are done and I have a cute outfit on. But if I approach those girls with only fashion and beauty, and don’t bring to them a Godly woman, I am hindering both them and me. So I just want to encourage you today to be beautiful, but worry about being beautiful inside and it will overflow on the outside. If it is a struggle for you to balance beauty and putting God first then tell God, because He will surely walk with you through it! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!