Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Summer breeze makes me feel fine

{this headband is my attempt at making this place feel a little more summery}    


So I've been seeing countless posts about the Summer. Summer Rules. Summer Have-to's. That sort of thing. I am currently sitting in my home with the heat high, my Loft slipper booties cozied on my feet, and a sweatshirt on. I'm probably making half the world sweat just reading that, but with Summer a mere 22 days away Moose Factory is still sitting at about 34 degrees Fahrenheit. 
 I am such a Summer girl. I love heat. I love laying out in the sun. I love everything about Summer. So naturally, this cold weather has been a bit shocking for these chilly bones. So though I can't make a list of things I will be doing (at least not yet), here are some things I look forward to doing when the heat meets the tundra:

1. Riding our bikes more. We still have been riding, but I can't wait to get home from a trip without having to thaw out my hands.

2. Wear summer clothes. I never knew what a luxury this was. I love everything about Summer attire and though I've been trying to throw in some Summer pieces (seen above), there is nothing like throwing on shorts and a tank top to welcome the heat.

3. Be outside. I've never liked the cold, but I truly feel like the Lord has quickly helped my body adapt to the cold weather. With that said, I still love the heat and have certainly been inside more than I'm used to. I can't wait to be able to go outside at anytime and feel warmth hit my skin rather than a chill. 

4. Go to yard sales. Moose Factory has tons of Yard Sales, and even has had a few in the cold weather, I of course was not present at those ones. I can't wait to hunt for treasure once the cold moves out.

5. Pull weeds and plant flowers. Because half the year Moose Factory is under about 3-4 feet of snow, its quite the ugly surprise wants the snow melts away. Trash everywhere. And any effort done to your yard the year before is far down the drain. I'm looking forward to cleaning up our yard and making it pretty.

There is my short list of things I look forward to doing. Sounds kinda lame. I know if I were somewhere warm my list would look far different, but I'm grateful that I'm learning to be more grateful for warmth. I've also seen life from a new perspective up here and I am beyond thankful for that as well. Hope you all have a wonderful day and for those of you who are in Summer (most of you) enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!