Monday, 21 May 2012

now and later

I’ve only been married 9 months, but now that my best friend is engaged and I’ve been helping her find inspiration for her big day I’ve realized my taste has changed entirely in as little as 9 months.  Since I was still in college when I got married I had to fit wedding planning into cramming for big tests or going to a sorority function. I obviously didn’t have time to do a lot of DIY projects that I have fallen so in love with since. Here are a few things that I think would be beautiful to incorporate on the big day and some you can even keep around the house after, nothing like killing 2 birds with 1 stone!




{It amazes me that adding something as small as a little rope can have such an effect on the entire look}
{This, found on Pinterest, is such an incredible idea for a wedding favor! Something that can actually be enjoyed at the very second they receive it!}

{I LOVE the idea of incorporating fruit. It’s such an awesome way to incorporate color without the great expense of flowers, and in this case you can have lemonade for days after the fact}
{ I so LOVE this look. Not only does it look so pretty and eclectic, but the vases are all nearly free! Such a great and inexpensive way to do center pieces or decorations for the gift table}
{Adding vintage books to a centerpiece gives it such a cool feel, plus would look really awesome layered on a book shelf after the wedding is all said and done!}
{I am a huge fan of bird cages, and think it would make a really big impact as a centerpiece or accent to a reception}



{All these things were found on Weddinggawker.com except the one I labeled Pinterest. Wedding Gawker is an amazing site to get awesome creative ideas not only for weddings but for any party or function you may throw!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just made my day brighter! Thank you!